Terms of Service
members.clerkenwellgreen.org.uk website basic service is free and so is the Clerkenwell Green Preservation Society's (CGPS) Members Area platform. We do not claim any responsibilities for what is published by members on this site and we do not claim ownership for the data added to this site.
However, we expect members to be responsible in managing their own content and adhere to capitaldesigns.co.uk (our Hosting Partner) Terms of Service. In particular, members should make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear on your timeline, or anywhere on this site.
members.clerkenwellgreen.org.uk Acceptable Use Policy
members.clerkenwellgreen.org.uk is a place that brings together the developers and the users of the CGPS Members Area to discuss and explore the improvements to Clerkenwell Green. We provide this space for meaningful discussion that is relevant and beneficial to all users - with that in mind we invite users to participate in these community forums in a way that is relevant and beneficial to others.
The following rules help everyone on members.clerkenwellgreen.org.uk have a safe and productive experience.
Be Nice, Be Respectful
Engage with Others in a Constructive Way. Assume that everyone on CGPS is here to make the platform a great resource - the users come with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and opinions. It is OK to disagree, but please be civil, respectful, and considerate to other members, this includes all members of the CGPS Team.
No Hate Speech
CGPS is a place for discussion between the CGPS Members and improvements to Clerkenwell Green in general - CGPS does not tolerate content that attacks or disparages an individual or group based on race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic. Any generalizations about these topics should be phrased as neutrally as possible.
No Harassment and Bullying
Abusive behaviour directed towards private individuals and organisations is not allowed. That includes CGPS employees and the company in general. Repeated and unwanted contact constitutes a form of harassment. There is no minimum service guarantee with members.clerkenwellgreen.org.uk - it is a free space where announcements can be made, guidance given and questions raised. If your questions are not being answer quickly enough, you will need to consider direct support from the site moderators.
Discussion around the improvement to the CGPS members website is welcomed, but if you are dissatisfied with a featire, post or outcome, please avoid denigrating the CGPS team in your remarks, we are all looking for constructive outcomes, and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Be Positive and Purposeful in Your Communications
People are using this platform to ask and answer questions about improvements to Clerkenwell Green and local community matters. If you have a meaningful question requiring an answer, please ask! If you feel like you can answer a question in a way that has value, please answer! But in your questions and answers please avoid the use of sarcasm or misleading information, bear in mind that many people using this platform have English as a 2nd language - so sarcasm could be misconstrued and misleading information can cause significant umbrage to others.
Members using CGPS platform for the activities outlined below will be pro-actively disconnected from using the platform further, and any support services. Below activities are considered prohibited usage and will result in immediate account suspension or cancellation of membership; and/or pursue civil remedies without providing advance notice.
- Spam and Unsolicited Bulk Email: CGPS has a zero tolerance policy on spam.
- Access to Other Computers or Networks without Authorisation: Any act which interferes with the services of another user or network. Any act relating to the circumvention of security measures.
- Activities Viewed as Illegal or Harmful: Fraudulent or otherwise illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes; promoting and supporting abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful content
- Any activity or content that is harmful to minors in any way.
- Communities promoting hateful or discriminatory activity based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Pornography and Adult-content: Depictions or images of sexual acts or implied sexual activity; graphic photos or videos.
- Potentially Illegal Activity: Members promoting illegal or harmful gatherings; denial-of-service attacks; service disruption activities; radical political or religious actions.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Our Services are provided “as is.” CGPS Ltd and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither CGPS Ltd nor its suppliers and licensors makes any warranty that our Services will be error-free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our member's website at your own discretion and risk.